2017 SAS Championship Final Field
Hale Irwin, Legend of the PGA Tour Champions, has committed to play in the SAS Championship. His career on the PGA Tour Champions, which includes 45 victories and over $27,000,000 in earnings, still stands as the most decorated in the history of the Tour.
Additionally, Irwin was the Captain of the inaugural President’s Cup in 1994. Other former competitor’s in the SAS Championship field in 2017 include:
- Vijay Singh (International) – 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009
- David Toms (USA) – 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011
- Kenny Perry (USA) – 1996, 2003, 2005, 2009
- Tom Lehman (USA) – 1994, 1996, 2000
- Scott Hoch (USA) – 1994, 1996, 1998
- Craig Parry (International) – 1994, 1996, 1998
- Corey Pavin (USA) – 1994, 1996
- Scott Verplank (USA) – 2005, 2007
- Loren Roberts (USA) – 1994, 2000
- Fred Funk (USA) – 2003, 2005
- Carlos Franco (International) – 1998, 2000
- David Frost (International) – 1994, 1996
- Hale Irwin (USA) – 1994 (Captain)
- Jerry Kelly (USA) – 2003
- Woody Austin (USA) – 2007
- Mark Brooks (USA) – 1996
- Mark Calcavecchia (USA) – 1998
- Lee Janzen (USA) – 1998
- Jeff Maggert (USA) – 1994
- Kirk Triplett (USA) – 2000
WRAL’s Debra Morgan will moderate 4th annual event as part of SAS Championship Week at Prestonwood
From left to right: Kacie Fore, Jenn Mann, Susan Murray
Representatives from Duke Energy, SAS and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina highlight the local Power Panel as part of the SAS Championship’s Executive Women’s Day presented by Blue Cross NC on Tuesday, October 10 at Prestonwood Country Club. Debra Morgan, an anchor with WRAL-TV, will once again moderate the panel of local executives:
Kacie Fore – Duke Energy, Community Relations Manager
Jenn Mann – SAS, Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer
Susan Murray – BCBSNC, Vice President State Segment
The theme this year is Fearless Together – Your Personal Advisory Board Starts Today. The focus will be on the team that supports you both personally and professionally. This diverse panel will be able to speak about their experiences and their personal advisory boards with an engaged, sold-out audience of nearly 300 area executives.
Yvonne Camus, COO of World Health, will provide the keynote address for the annual event which takes place as a part of the SAS Championship, a PGA TOUR Champions event being held at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary for the 17th year. It is the fourth year for the day-long forum featuring breakfast, networking, a panel discussion, and lunch in addition to the keynote address.
The SAS Championship is a week-long community celebration featuring the legends of golf who compete on the PGA Tour Champions, plus a series of special community events, all benefitting the YMCA of the Triangle’s Y Learning Program. In addition to Executive Women’s Day, the SAS Championship hosts Food Truck Friday, O2 Fitness 5K at the SAS Championship, PNC Family Challenge Clinic, Wake Med Health Zone, in addition to pro-am events and championship play. For more information visit www.saschampionship.com.